Here are the five best reasons to downsize into a smaller home.
Today I want to talk about a topic that is near and dear to my heart: downsizing. I have two boys, and the youngest is now a senior in high school. It has me thinking about being an empty nester and what that’s going to be like, so on that note, here are the five best reasons to downsize:
1. Your kids have left home. I have so many friends in the same boat and know tons of parents whose youngest are moving out soon.
2. To buy a vacation home. Arizona is a popular destination for snowbirds—people who live here in the winter and somewhere else in the summer.
3. To travel more. Lower maintenance costs and lower payments will give you more money to travel.
“Right now is a fantastic time to downsize with low interest rates.”
4. To have more cash. Even if you don’t want to travel, downsizing can save you cash that you may want to use on another car, a boat, or something else you’ve always wanted to buy.
5. To have less maintenance. Not only is there less to do, but the costs are lower.
Right now is a fantastic time to downsize if you’ve been considering it. Interest rates are as low as they’ve ever been, and you could lock in a fantastic price on your new home’s mortgage.
If you have any questions for me about real estate, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.